Friday, July 19, 2013

Loneliness: A Feeling We All Experience

People come and go. Relationships rust, spoil, and fade. The only relationship that can withstand anything and is always there is Jesus. With everything I am going through I have lost a lot of friends. People are scared to talk to me because they don't know what to say. Also with my mom back at work I spend most of my days alone, and while normally this would upset me it doesn't. Since I have became closer with Jesus I realize He is my ultimate best friend.
During quiet time today I was extremely upset. I woke up upset and it became works as the hours passed. I recently got back from Young life camp where everything was safe. During that week I wasn't in the reality of this broken world. I was surrounded by people I loved and we were all striving for a better relationship with Jesus. I didn't have my phone and I escaped all my problems. I just got back a few days ago and I was thrown into my shattered reality. The truth that my best friend was moving, I spent my days alone, my broken past, and my broken family. During my quiet time no joke I was running on and on praying and making no sense. I heard Jesus tell me to stop and open the Bible. He told me to go to Isaiah 43:5. The verse said this,"Do not be afraid for I am with you. I will gather you and your children from the East and west." Like WOW!
I felt the verse speaking to me in such a way of comfort. Yes, I might be low on friends, family, and support but I am NOT low on Jesus. My fear of loneliness is irrational. Jesus will provide. Even though my best friend, sister, and angle is leaving doesn't mean that's the end of our friendship. I know we will go through ups and downs and soon I will be out in New York City with her. I will be in the audience holding up a huge sign during her concert that says,"Number One Fan". I kid you not. Also, I have met some of the most amazing young women at camp that I am excited to grow closer to. Jesus is awesome and works in mysterious ways which I will never understand. I will cast out my fears and replace them with faith. Jesus you're THE man and my man. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here....