Sunday, May 5, 2013

One of The Most Important Lessons Ive Learned

God has taught me so much through all of my experiences one of the most important lessons Ive learned is: your family doesn't just consist of your relatives. In all honesty, I don't really have a father. He to me is a stranger who has hurt me beyond belief. There's such a huge void I felt. When my parents got divorced my brother took my dads side and that was sadly the end of our relationship. I lost half of my family in the blink of an eye.

Not only has God's love filled my heart but also my friends around me. Between school, Younglife, and the high school play I am in I recognize how blessed I am! So I may not have a great father and he is missing in action, but my friends have become my family. Honestly if I were to name all of them it would take forever but God has brought some pretty amazing people into my life who I thank Him for everyday! This world is full of loving and caring people. It took me a while to realize. I needed to stop focusing on what I didn't have and focus on the blessings I have right in front of me. One day I am going to personally thank each and everyone of you! Last night on stage I didn't think once about my dad. I was free and glowing. The stage is my home and some of the cast has become my family.

School has also become a home where I get to see my family almost everyday. God is so great. He has put these angels in my life to support me. Things are probably at their worst and I am right in the center of the storm but I refuse to lose faith in God. My mental illnesses and past has shaped me into a young women of God and I am grateful for them. It has been long, hard journey but I wouldn't change anything about it. I have learned life long lessons, I know what I want to do with my future, I have met some of the most amazing people, I have gotten closer to my best friend, and most importantly I have grown into my relationship with Christ. Suffering has a purpose so don't give up please. I will always be here for you.

2 comments:

  1. Keep pushing through! Keep fighting the Good fight! This broken and sin-filled world is only temporary. We set our hope in the perfect enternal life to come when we get to share in Christ's glory. You are so strong and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily thank you so much! It's so amazing to see you as this beautiful, young women of God!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts here....