Thursday, March 14, 2013

Warped Society

What's normal? Well society tell us exactly who is and isn't normal. To be defined as "normal" or to fit in you have to meet these requirements:

for girls- be 100 pounds, shop at Pink or Hollister, listen to the radio or the typical music, keep quiet about your faith, don't share your opinions or views, never go against what everyone else is doing, party, get drunk, have sex, smoke pot, always look perfect, be blonde and tan, and above all else fake a smile because God forbid anyone know the real you. Be the varsity cheerleader or the perfect dancer, be skin, tall, and beautiful, go to all the beautiful games, have a boyfriend, and always say the right thing.

for boys- be the jock of the school, never be committed and "score all the hottest girl", don't be a virgin because that's "lame", don't care about school, only focus on sports and never be interested in other things like art or reading, be tall, be strong, have abs, smoke weed, drink, party, have sex with random girls, listen to Drake, ASAP Rocky, & Kendrick Lamar, and above all else hide your feelings.

Well I am here to tell you that you live your life the way YOU want to. Say, "Screw you society". I used to be so worried about what I said, how I looked, what weight I was but now I am set free. Only God can judge me. We were all specially made and individualized. God has a special plan for all of us and made us different for a reason. So embrace it. I know for girls, we look at that one girl with eyes full of envy. If only I would laugh like her and have all the boys fall all over me. I wish I wasn't so (fat.... ugly.... or  insert whatever you don't like about yourself). I wish my life was as simple as hers. I wish I didn't have divorced parents or I had her life.

I used to look at this is one girl in awe. She had a simple life, was skinny as can be, had a beautiful smile, and above all everyone loved her. I compared myself to her thought I was a freak. I wished I didn't have depression, post dramatic stress syndrome, or a panic disorder. I was my life was simple like hers. I wanted to be her but then I heard God speak to me. I was given this life for a reason. I am so much stronger then her and my head is just in totally different place. The difference in people is what makes us beautiful. Embrace it.

I am not like her. I am a girl who has depression and a bunch of other stuff. My life has been beyond complicated. I have been abused and honestly my life is nothing near simple. I am 5'3 and weigh 125 pounds. I don't shop at the normal shops but rather vintage stores and Topshop. I LOVE thrift shopping and I hate going to football games. I would rather spend my time at the theatre singing then going to parties. I am a virgin and I plan on staying that way until marriage. I am deeply in love with Jesus and I am not afraid to share my faith. So am I society's definition of normal? NO WAY, but I don't care because I love myself. I love being different and you need to understand that it's okay to be different. Embrace it because it's a great thing.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful and enlightening to be honest because everything that is written here is true. Only God CAN judge. who cares what the other people think? I wish you the best of luck in life. Don't let anyone put you down.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts here....