Monday, March 4, 2013

Everything Happens for a Reason

I have been a christian since last july. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at Younglife camp and my life was changed forever. I was going about life thanking God and never having a reason to doubt him. Then, in September I was hit hard with serve depression and aniexity and to this day questions like: "Why me God?" "Why can't you take this pain away?" "Where are you?" come to mind. Every time one of those came across my mind it immediately left when I felt God give me a hug and tell me to keep pushing.

I used to be angry at God for this disease and the life I was given but now I thank him. Without my depression I wouldn't be the person I am today. I am so strong and full of hope. My relationship with God has been strengthened through all of this. If I never had depression you wouldn't be reading this blog. I know God gave me these struggles because He knew I could handle it. My calling is to help others that are just like me. Enstill hope, love, joy into your lives as well as mine. This may seem like an oxymoron but now that I have depression, on good days I have never been happier and on bad days I know the gloomy clouds will pass by leaving me with that much more strength.

You weren't given depression just because God doesn't "love" you enough or He wants to punish you. You are one strong person and He knows that very well. Without my depression I would be lukewarm with God and not feel His presence and joy. My mother and I's relationship wouldn't be rock solid. My strength wouldn't be this grand. My view of life would be so much smaller and you wouldn't have stumbled across this blog. God is good and has an amazing plan for you.
1 Thessalonians 5: 18 "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belongs to Christ Jesus."
Jermiah 29: 11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here....