Monday, March 11, 2013

Empty Teenager

Do you ever find yourself asking what's the point in life? What are you living for? You get up, go to school, come home, do homework, and repeat. It's like a never ending cycle.

When you think of life that way it becomes really depressing. All of us are walking around with a huge void in our lives and we just feel empty. We all run to different things to fill that void. We run to good grades, popularity, boy/girl friends, partying, smoking, having sex, or drinking. Yeah, that can make you happy for a little a while but at the end of the day you still ask have that whole in your heart and ask yourself, "What's the point?"

Honestly, I found myself asking this question everyday. School would be such a great distraction but as soon as I got in the car to go home depression hit me and I began crying. I felt so empty and useless. I cried out to God and I clearly go my answer. I was told to live my life hour by hour and experience all the beauty God intended for me to enjoy. God wants you to be happy and has a purpose for you, but it's our job to stop looking at what we don't have and open our eyes. There's so much beauty in every second of life that we miss. We miss small blessing everyday like: being woken up by birds chirping, the warm breeze and the sun on our skin, the smell our favorite meal, or the laughter you share with your friends.

I learned so much from that talk with God. I learned life isn't a destination, it is a journey. Instead of just "making it through the day" enjoy, learn, grow, and smile. Every morning now I wake up and chose to give God all my worries and just experience life. I now rarely have that feeling of emptiness and I have found have beautiful life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here....