Friday, March 15, 2013

Afraid to Be Happy

You're sitting outside and you feel the warmth of the sun. You feel a cool breeze and smell the summer air. Everything is perfect and then fear rushes over you. You realize you are happy, genuinely happy. You think to yourself this can't be real and immediately start to get scared. You are now just waiting for something bad to happen. I have experienced this moment all too much.

I have had so much bad happen to me I forgot what it was like to be happy. When I am, I'm not used to it and it feels almost uncomfortable. I think it's too good to be true. Well that's what I thought. I have learned that life comes with ups and downs. We have to enjoy the ups while we can. I used to waste my ups and waiting for the downs... if that makes any sense. God wants you to be happy. He has created such a beautiful life for you to live. Think of your favorite food, the ocean, the way you immediately smile when you see the sun, that kiss from that special person. These are all God's gifts to us. So, stop worrying about what the future holds. Live in the moment and experience all the joy and beauty life has to offer. You can be happy, it's possible and meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here....